Based on the CyanogenMod 10, XDA developer bruce2728 has constructed JellyBean 4.1.2 Firmware for HTC Sensation. Of course, this is good news for thousands of Android enthusiasts who were dying to have the sweet taste of JellyBean on their HTC Sensation Smartphone. According to the developer, most of the features including Wi-Fi, Audio, connectivity, hardware acceleration, charging and USB, Camera, sensors, headphones and so on, are working perfectly with the firmware.
The rooting guide must to be used on HTC Sensation only. Using it on any other gadget or model may cause undesired damage. Please read the instructions thoroughly before using the guide. The information is provided solely for educational and instructional purposes, so understand that we cannot guarantee how any individual device will respond to it. Before you start on this guide, though, you should probably learn more about rooting and get a good idea of the glossary of rooting terms. It is important to be thoroughly aware of rooting process and its technicalities before you perform such an overhaul on your tablet. You must understand the liabilities of such a process and the harm it may render to your precious gadget. Only when you are completely sure of the pros and potential cons should you elect to go through the process.
- Backup all important data- messages, contacts, media files, APN settings etc. You never know what you will lose during the process, so it is crucial to have a backup.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the phone.
- Charge the battery so that at least 80 percent of charge remains before installation; you don’t want the phone to shut down due to low battery in the middle of the process.
- The device should be rooted; check whether the phone is rooted by downloading the Root Checker app available in Google Play Store.
- Download Android 4.1.2 firmware package for HTC sensation on your PC. (Alternative link).
- Download the Google Apps package on your computer.
- After downloading, connect your computer to the HTC Sensation using USB cable and copy the zip files that have been downloaded in the internal memory of phone.
- Download ROM Manager app from Play Store, select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery in the phone.
- Select ‘Reboot into recovery’ mode.
- In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/Factory reset and Wipe Cache partition..
- After all of that is completed, select ‘install zip from SD card’ and select ‘choose zip from SD card’ and select the JellyBean firmware package and the Google Apps package.
Neither Androidfirm nor the author is to be held responsible for the potential damage this guide may bring to your gadget.