How to upgrade the Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6810 to Android 4.0.4 build XXLPK
Much hype has been generated by the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but we tend to forget that a lot of devices have still not had their first taste of the Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung is now releasing an Android 4.0.4 build XXLPK update for Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6810 in the United Kingdom. It can be installed with Samsung KIES, but if you are more of a DIY person, you can also do it by hand using this installation guide.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6810
The guide is for educational purposes only, so any technical glitches that might appear on use are not the responsibility of Androidfirm. So use it only if you are willing to risk the safety of your gadget. This guide is meant only for Galaxy Tab 7.7 model number GT-P6810, so using this on other devices can have adverse effects on them. Read the guide thoroughly and understand the procedures before starting the process.
You need a Windows PC with handset USB drivers installed. These can be installed by installing Samsung KIES. Disable all the antivirus software and firewalls.
1. Backup all of your personal data, anything that you cannot do without. You never know what is deleted, so it’s better to keep a copy of it all.
3. Extract the Odin3 v1.85 ZIP file to your PC to obtain the folder.
4. Extract P6810XXLPK_P6810OXALPK_XEU.zip to PC and you will obtain the file P6810OXALPK_P6810XXLPK_HOME.tar.md5.
5. Open the Odin3 v1.85 folder and click the Odin3 v1.85.exe file to launch the program on your computer.
6. Switch off the tablet and reboot into the Download Mode. For this, press and hold down the Volume Down key along with the Power button till you get a warning message on the screen. Press the Volume Up key to continue into Download Mode.
7. Using the USB cable, connect your PC to the Galaxy Tab. You will see the message “Added!!” on the Odin if your USB drivers are installed properly on your PC.
8. Click the PDA button on Odin and find the file P6810OXALPK_P6810XXLPK_HOME.tar.md5. (The Re-partition option should not be checked).
9.Next click the Start button on Odin that begins flashing the ROM on your tablet.
10. A “PASS” message appears on the Odin and the tablet automatically reboots.
11. You can now disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Tab from the computer when the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
Androidfirm or the writer is no way responsible for any damage caused to your handset during installation.